In November 2019, three keen sports fisherman proposed the forming of the Diani Sport Fishing Club. The objectives of the club are founded on the belief that the sport of game fishing is an important recreational, economic and social activity. Anglers should pursue game fishing in a manner consistent with sound sportsmanlike etiquette and conservation practices, local support of their community, and ultimately promote the “world class” sport fishing of the South Coast of Kenya.
The objectives of the club
- To promote offshore gamefish angling by holding regularly scheduled tournaments and maintaining records to recognise anglers and skippers.
- To promote fair angling regulations and compile and maintain Club record data for fish caught according to these regulations.
- To keep its members informed through various activities such as educational programs, newsletters, annual handbooks and subscriptions to sport fishing magazines.
- To support a gamefish tagging program to aid scientific and educational institutions.
- To promote safety among it’s members and to provide social activities for the sharing of ideas and experiences.
- To ensure the sound practices of conservation, sustainability and continuation of big game pelagic species throughout the South Coast fisheries zone.
Diani Sport Fishing Club provides an avenue for sport fishermen and women to get together with like minded individuals and share stories of the “one that got away” in a setting that is unsurpassed.
Our club house is situated in the beautiful seafront environment of Safari Beach Hotel, one of Diani Beaches longest established hotels.
Given our location we have the ability to offer visiting sport fishermen from around the world and along the East African coastline the opportunity of safe and secure moorings, refuelling capabilities, reliable dingy services and comfortable and affordable accommodation.
Our club rooms are situated within the grounds of Safari Beach Hotel which are available to members, guests and the general public alike and are offered on a Full Board, Half Board or Bed and Breakfast basis.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings and further information
We are proud to be affiliated with the Kenya Association of Sea Anglers (K.A.S.A) and the International Game Fish Association (I.G.F.A). This allows our members the ability to enter other affiliated club tournaments, request courtesy weigh-in’s, access to other affiliated club facilities and much more.
As a club we host a wide range of different fishing tournaments throughout the year. From four day game fishing tournaments, to family orientated fishing weekends away and our new and exciting South Coast Saltwater Circuit, an 8 leg fishing competition offering the chance to be crowned the “Best of the Best” for the season.
All Information about our events can be found on our EVENTS and FISHING CALENDAR tabs.
The club also offers a range of different membership options available for everyone. Club memberships provides you with affiliation to K.A.S.A and I.G.F.A, club newsletter, exclusive access to our club events plus much more.